from fb February 4th
Caroline is 5 weeks old! We celebrated with a yummy cookie cake thanks to the Ely family (@ Gina Ely). Kenneth said that Nathan really does think Caroline is a miracle baby bc since she arrived he gets to have cake every weekend!!! What fun for a 2 year old!
I had a nice long update typed up that somehow got erased so here's a quick version.
This past week was good. No major problems. Still no fluid in the lungs~yay! She's definitely has a clock set for eating time and loves to drink from her bottle. In fact, if we think she's done with the bottle and start to tube feed her, and she wakes up, she gets pretty upset (with her tiny little cry). We are so happy that she is showing such an interest in sucking bc this is something trisomy babies don't always do. She really is doing so much better than the doctors led us to believe she would do!
Thanks again for all the prayers and encouragement! We are so thankful for all you've all done!
- Amanda Bone She looks so good compared to week 2! So glad to hear the good report. Continuing to pray!February 4 at 8:27pm via mobile · Like
- Jennifer Walton Halpenny She's beautiful and her angel is beholding the Face of God.....
- Ashley Kinnard This is such great news - I think of y'all and pray for you/her often!!February 4 at 8:38pm via mobile · Like
- Shara Armstrong Phillips She looks amazing! So happy she is doing well. We pray for her and the family daily.February 4 at 8:43pm via mobile · Like
- Meg Dunn Thorburn Great update Gabi. We think about you all day and are very thankful. We love y'all. AaronFebruary 4 at 9:30pm via mobile · Like
- Dawna Adams She is so beautiful! ------ Can't believe we are all still passing around some king of "crud" --- all headed to the Dr. again tomorrow. I am praying that soon we will be able to come for a visit. I miss you all dearly. XOXO
- Judy Moss She is beautiful!!!!! I was thinking about her all day and was hoping to see a post. Happy Birthday Caroline!February 4 at 10:12pm · Edited · Like · 1
- Brandy Johnson-Southwick So great! I love seeing these weekly birthday parties! Sending love and prayers to your beautiful family!
- Catherine Volkl Wonderful news!! Happy 5 week birthday Caroline!
PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD....for every moment, every hour, every day, every week, month and year of Caroline's life that we all are virtually sharing with you Gabi - Praise God!
Caroline with no tube! Today was one month since her tube was inserted so we had to change it. We took out the old one just after a feeding so she could be "tubeless" for a couple of hours until the next feeding. It was nice to see her sweet face with no tube and touch her soft skin.
- Stacey Ridenhour Ahhhh, cheek to cheek with that sweet soft skin!************************************************************February 5 via mobile
Woohoo-thanks to @Toni Kimpel we know that Miss Caroline is gaining weight and growing. She weighs 6 lbs 9.5oz and is almost 20 inches. So much bigger than i expected. Guess all that pumping is paying off! Now if i can only keep up with her growing appetite??
- Charlotte Watson May God continue to strengthen you and your family as you cherish your time with Caroline! He is moving his hand in a mighty way lately! Not sure what he's doing, and sometimes it's scaring me a little, but at the same time, I'm excited to see what he's going to do! Does that make any sense?
- Judy Moss So exciting!!!! I am praying for her daily and for you and the rest of your family. Go Caroline!
- Sherri Dean Traylor Amen! Looking forward to when we can visit you and hold Caroline.
- Karmen McGee Way to go! Keep up the good work. She is beautiful. We are praying for you and your family.
- Dawna Adams Love the updates! We are still staying away because we can't seem to get everyone well.(Don't want to chance bringing anything over!) I miss and love you all so very much. You are in our thoughts & prayers always. ♥♥♥
Post a Comment
Your comment is awaiting moderation. Thanks for your patience!